Protest Stopped Railway Transport in Macedonia
Rail freight and passenger transport in Macedonia is totally suspended due to a protest by Macedonian Railways workers, who want to receive the second part of their salaries from October, MIA news agency reported.
After the blockade of the freight train, which started yesterday afternoon, the passenger trains did not move from midnight, 24chasa reports.
Only the morning train from Skopje to Gevgelija was driven by a worker who did not obey the agreement of his colleagues, while on the other lines there was no movement, the driver Dusko Chakarovski told MIA.
He said that the protest would continue until the request for payment of salaries was fulfilled. The government told protesters that there would be a meeting, but demanded first that the transport be normalized. According to protesting railway workers, trade unions are not behind their protest.
- » Earthquake of 8.2 on the Richter Scale Shook Alaska, There is Danger of Tsunami
- » Kurds and Turks had a Mass Fight at an Airport in Germany (Video)
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Increasing Cloudiness Sometimes
- » Bulgarian Film was Selected for "Berlinale" for the First Time in 29 Years
- » A Flu Epidemic was Announced in Dimitrovgrad, Tryavna and Dryanovo
- » Indonesia Earthquake - 6.1-Magnitude