The First London Electric Cabs are now on the Streets
The first black electric-powered taxis are now on the streets of London in pursuance of the new pollution abatement regulation in the British capital, the France press reported.
Electricity charges replace diesel cars under a regulation under which any new taxi in London by 2018 should have very low pollutant emissions.
About 9,000 such taxis will be put into use by 2021, which represents half of the current fleet.
- » Turkish Foreign Minister Disputes Aegean Sea Borders and Sovereignty of Islands
- » Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Finally Addresses Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- » Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
- » French Rail Strike Turning into Major Challenge For Macron
- » Paris Mulls Free Public Transport to Reduce Pollution
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal