Turkey Warns U.S. that Jerusalem Embassy Move is 'Grave Mistake'
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said on Wednesday that it would be a “grave mistake” for the United States to move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and that he had warned U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
Before a bilateral meeting with Tillerson at NATO headquarters, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said: “It would be a grave mistake (to move the U.S. embassy). It will not bring any stability ... but rather chaos and instability.”
“The whole world is against this,” he said, adding that he had already told Tillerson how he felt and would reiterate it at the meeting at NATO during the alliance’s foreign ministers’ meeting.
- » Kosovo Ready for Council of Europe Membership Bid
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto
- » Fears of Escalation in Tensions After Erdogan Calls Snap Polls
- » Turkey's Ever-Closer Ties with Russia Leave US Lacking Key Ally on Syria
- » Macedonian Government Survives No-Confidence Vote