An Attack Against Theresa May was Prevented in England
Assassination attempt on the British Prime Minister Theresa May was prevented, English media reported. According to Sky TV, Islamists have planned to blow a Downing Street with bomb, and in the subsequent chaos to kill the prime minister with knives.
The conspiracy prevention operation lasted for several weeks, involving MI-5, Scotland Yard and the police. Two people are arrested - 20 and 21 years old, who are already accused of preparing a terrorist act.
The Independent newspaper refers to the Director of British Counterintelligence Service 5 Andrew Parker. He has told about the planned attack in a report to the government on Monday. Then Parker also told ministers that nine terrorist attacks were prevented last year.
- » International Architecture Forum at the National Palace of Culture Dedicated to the Western Balkans
- » Russia to Expel 23 British Diplomats and Closes British General Consulate in St. Petersburg
- » Gibraltar Threatens to Respond if Madrid Excludes them from the Deal on Brexit
- » The North Korean Foreign Minister Arrived in Sweden
- » The Monument of Buzludzha is Among the Seven Most Endangered in Europe
- » What to Expect From the Upcoming Turkey-EU Meet