Bulgaria Abortions Almost Equal Births
The number of abortions in Bulgaria almost equals the number of births. These figures were presented by former Social Minister Hristina Hristova.
The coefficient of fertility in our country is 1.5 and in Europe is 1.53. This is due to the longer process of preparation, education, financial independence.
We are equal to Greece, Switzerland and Malta, but there are more economically developed countries with lower birth rates, such as Italy.
Hristova, in an interview with bTV, said that the more serious problem in our country is that population decline is accompanied by aging, which is burdening social systems. In addition, 48% of people who are leaving our country are between 20 and 40 years, ie. people of childbearing age.
Overall, there is a trend of decreasing mortality, Hristova added.
At present, 1/3 of the population lives in the cities of Sofia, Varna and Plovdiv. According to her, measures are needed for the development of the Bulgarian village.
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU by the Number of Women Working in the IT Sector
- » A Man Drowned in the Struma River