Steady Development of Relations Between Bulgaria and Turkey is a Priority of Bulgarian Foreign Policy
The steady development of relations between Bulgaria and Turkey is a priority of Bulgarian foreign policy.
This was confirmed at a meeting between Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Turkey's Minister for EU Affairs and Chief Negotiator Ömer Çelik, the government's information office said.
Borisov stressed that Turkey is the immediate neighbor of Bulgaria, a NATO ally and an important partner in areas such as migration, the fight against terrorism, energy.
The two have highly appreciated the bilateral efforts against the migration flow and have recognized the positive effect of the Europe-Turkey Agreement, namely a real reduction in the number of illegal migrants entering the Union.
- » Merkel in Sofia: I Welcome Borissov's Initiative for EC-Turkey Meeting
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » Stoltenberg on an Official Visit to Macedonia
- » Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Poland is an Important Country For the EU and a Longtime Ally and Friend of Bulgaria