The Metro Station of Sofia Airport is Leaking
The metro station of Sofia Airport is leaking after the snowfall in the capital in the last two days. The station has been in operation since 2015.
From Metropolitan explained that the reason is in the specific construction of the station. "It is semi-open so that it does not overheat during the summer, but when the grills are not closed in the winter, the melting snow is dripping from the roof," explained deputy director of the company, Krasimir Savov, to bTV.
According to him, there was no problem so far because the bars were closed. It is yet to be ascertained whether they have been left open inadvertently or deliberately. He is categorical that the problem is not with the contractor.
According to Savov, the problem will be easily removed - this night or at least tomorrow around noon. In his words, accidents can not occur because of the leak, as the wet places are marked, and the metro pulls from the dry side of the platform.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » Warm and Sunny Today in Bulgaria – Maximum Temperatures at 25-30°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 on the Richter Scale in Greece