Terrorist Attack in Melbourne was Prevented
The Australian authorities detained a man in Melbourne on suspicion of planning a terrorist attack. Officials say the detained 20-year-old man was preparing mass shooting with automatic firearms on New Year's Eve, Nova TV reported.
If he is found guilty of preparing a terrorist attack, he may be sentenced to life imprisonment. In 2014, the Australian authorities raised the threat of terrorism.
"The charges against him are that he planned to commit a terrorist attack and tried to get a weapon. He intended to use a firearm and kill as much as possible at Federative Square during New Year's Eve, "said Victoria Deputy Chief of Police, Shane Patton.
- » Roscosmos is Considering the Commercialization of the Russian ISS Segment
- » Prime Minister of New Zealand goes on Maternity Leave
- » At the End of 2017, China's Population Grew to 1.39 billion
- » Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War
- » Syrian Government to Attend U.N. Talks in Vienna: U.N. Deputy Envoy
- » Romania Does Not Really Follow Recommendations on Fighting Corruption: Council of Europe