Chinese General has Committed Suicide due to an Investigation about Corruption
A senior Chinese general committed suicide after the authorities began an investigation into him for ties with two corrupt military officers, Xinhua news agency reported.
Yan Chan, a member of the Central Military Commission, was found dead at his home in Beijing on November 23, a government statement said. Yan is another official investigated in the anti-corruption campaign of President Xi Jinping, leading to the dismissal of 1.5 million officials from the Communist Party since 2012.
- » The King of Swaziland Renames the Country 'the Kingdom of eSwatini'
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home
- » Majority of Germans Want More Protection From Globalization
- » EU Clears Landmark Trade Agreement with Japan
- » Brussels Bans the Broadcast of World Cup Football Matches in the Center of the City
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto