Yellow and Orange Code for Dangerous Weather in 24 Districts in Bulgaria
In 24 districts in the country, a yellow or orange code is declared for a dangerous weather. The warning code is orange for five districts in Northern Bulgaria and yellow for others 19. Because of the snowfall the roads and especially the high mountain passes are risky, reported BNT.
During the night many segments were frozen. The movement of TIR trucks over 12 tons was restored on the Trakia highway in the direction of Sofia. The Road Infrastructure Agency calls for careful driving and mandatory winter tires.
The snow cover in Pamporovo and Prevala passes up to 15 cm. Another critical point because of the snowfall is the Petrohan Pass.
During the day the rainfall will weaken, after lunch in most places will stop, at the latest in the northeastern regions.
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » Warm and Sunny Today in Bulgaria – Maximum Temperatures at 25-30°C