Medieval Fortress Wall, Lady’s Ring with Crystal Discovered in Rescue Digs in Bulgaria’s Asenovgrad
A fortress wall from the medieval Byzantine and Bulgarian town of Stanimachos / Stanimaka has been discovered in the southern Bulgarian town of Asenovgrad, together with luxury sgraffito ceramics and lady’s ring with a crystal.
Learn more HERE!
*Content provided by ArchaeologyinBulgaria.com.
- » Extinct Wild Cattle Aurochs Survived until 13th-14th Century in Bulgaria, Bones from Rusocastro Fortress Show
- » Byzantine Amphora with Inscription Discovered in Roman Fortress Trimammium in Northeast Bulgaria
- » Medieval Grave Excavated in Southern Bulgaria
- » Archaeologists Find Medieval Grave with Skeleton with Arrow in Chest in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv
- » Archaeologists May Have Discovered Ancient Thracian, Roman Town Scaptopara, Precursor of Bulgaria’s Blagoevgrad
- » Early Iron Age, Late Roman Settlement with Bi-ritual Necropolis Discovered in Southwest Bulgaria