Eight North Koreans were Found off the Coast of Japan
The Japanese police have found 8 North Koreans in a yacht port in the northwest of Honshu Island. They explained they were fishermen and their wooden vessel was thrown out on the shore after it broke down, reports novinite.bg.
However, the suspicions are that they are fugitives of the Pyongyang regime.
The incident is on the backdrop of the growing tension on the Korean Peninsula. North Korea often threatens Japan and launches missiles that fall very close to the archipelago or pass over it.
- » Brussels Bans the Broadcast of World Cup Football Matches in the Center of the City
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto
- » The EC Offers Mandatory Fingerprints in ID Cards
- » Merkel, Macron Meet to Plot Euro Zone Reform Road Map
- » Americans Waste 150,000 Tons of Food per Day
- » Saudi Cinema Launch Ends Decades-old Ban, Public Screenings Start Friday