Chinese Cultural Center in Sofia Opens Doors
The largest Chinese cultural center in Southeastern and Central Europe was opened in Sofia. It stretches on 8 floors, covering an area of 4000 square meters, reports the Bulgarian National Television.
"China and Bulgaria are traditionally friendly states. We will never forget that your country was the second to recognize and establish diplomatic relations with us.", said the ambassador of China in Bulgaria.
In 2014, during the visit of the Bulgarian President then Rosen Plevneliev to China, the two countries signed a Memorandum for the construction of cultural centers. And in 2015 the two ministries of culture signed an agreement.
The center was created with the support of the Chinese Ministry of Culture in Ningbo, the city with the busiest port in the world, and where most Chinese people that live in Bulgaria come from.
- » Trump and Putin Held a Telephone Conversation Last Night
- » U.S. North Korea Negotiator Says Direct Diplomacy Needed
- » Bea ten Tusscher is the New Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » The Neighborhood and Friendship Agreement Between the Republic of Macedonia and Bulgaria Will be Ratified in January
- » South Korea will Seek Improvement of Relations with China
- » European Union Security Commissioner Julian King is on an Official Visit to Bulgaria