EU May Include Turkey on a Blacklist of Tax Havens
The European Union may include Turkey on a blacklist of tax havens as soon as next month, in a move that could further strain ties between Ankara and the world’s largest trading bloc.
Turkey can still dodge inclusion on the list, but time to provide sufficient additional commitments before next month’s meeting of the EU’s finance ministers is running out. In a discussion among the members of the Code of Conduct group on Wednesday, the U.K. representative pointed out that Turkey is an important partner of the EU, but experts said that any decision to bypass technical criteria for the inclusion on the list can only be taken at a political level, according to a participant in the meeting.
- » US Delegation in Ankara After Turkey’s Afrin Operation
- » Greek Parliament Approves More Bailout Reforms Despite Protests
- » Macedonia Вill be a NATO Мember, Sergei Lavrov
- » Geopolitical Poker in the Western Balkans
- » Turkey Against 'Privileged Partnership' With EU
- » EU's Juncker Sees no Progress on Turkey Ties