Bulgaria will Cooperate with the UK on Defense Strategy
The government approved the draft Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministries of Defense of Bulgaria and the UK on mutual logistic support, the press service of the Cabinet announced.
The document will replace an analogous memorandum from 2007, expanding its application framework. Compared to previous agreements, other logistics areas are regulated, such as medical support, specific logistics activities in the event of natural disasters, etc. On this basis, it is envisaged to negotiate and conclude separate agreements between the ministries of defense of the two countries for the exchange of material resources, the provision of transport and other specific tasks with a relatively short implementation period.
The signing of the Memorandum creates the necessary conditions for mutual support between military units from the armed forces of both countries in joint participation in NATO military activities, both in their national territories and beyond. This further ensures the implementation of the commitments made by NATO membership and enhances operational capabilities to ensure national security and integration into collective defense.
- » The Netherlands Donated Minibuses to the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior for Transport of Migrants
- » US Fighters Fired Signaling Missiles to Russian Warplanes
- » S&D Group President: Romania and Bulgaria are Ready to Join Schengen
- » Government Approved Additional Funds Up to BGN 19 970 000 to Repair 15 MiG-29 Fighter Jets
- » The Military Ministry will Pay BGN 81 Million for the Repair of 15 MiGs
- » Washington, Seoul and Tokyo Begin Two-day Joint Military Exercises