UK Sets Aside Extra 3 billion Pounds for Brexit Preparations
The British government is setting aside 3 billion pounds ($3.97 billion) for Brexit preparations in addition to funds allocated previously, finance minister Philip Hammond said on Wednesday during his budget speech to parliament, reported Reuters.
“We have already invested almost 700 million pounds in Brexit preparations ... and today I am setting aside over the next two years another 3 billion,” he said.
- » Barnier Hails 'Large Part of Brexit Work COMPLETE' as Transition Limited (Video)
- » France 'Does Not Recognize' Russian Vote in Crimea
- » Britain Can Sign Trade Deals While in Single Market, Brussels Rules
- » Russian Spy Attack: PM Prepares Reprisals as Deadline Passes
- » Russian spy: Highly Likely Moscow Behind Attack, Says Theresa May
- » Merkel doesn't Want to Speculate on Next ECB President