The New chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court Officially Took His Office
The new chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court(SAC) Georgi Cholakov officially took his office, BGNES reported.
The chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court is one of the so-called three major in the judicial system.
He shall be appointed and dismissed by the President of the Republic on a proposal of the Supreme Judicial Council plenum for a period of seven years without the right to re-election.
Georgi Cholakov was elected Chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court (SAC) after the Plenum supported his candidacy in October with 20 votes in favor and 4 against. He was elected to the post by the previous SJC panel on September 11 with a large majority of 20 votes against 5 in favor of the other candidate Sonya Yankulova.
At the beginning of October, however, President Rumen Radev returned the proposal for the appointment of Judge Cholakov.
"Today, I am the Chairman of the Court and I do not divide my colleagues to those who supported my candidacy in the procedure and those who expressed a different opinion. We are all judges in the SAC and it is important for me to be together, to be united and to achieve together the goals I have set myself as the head of this instance, "said the new chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court Judge Georgi Cholakov.
- » Over BGN 41 Million Granted for Repairs in Sofia
- » Leader of ATAKA: I am Not Sure if I will Support the Upcoming Mistrust Vote
- » Undercover Agents will Watch for Dirty Buses and Rude Drivers in the Capital
- » A Total of BGN 2.91 billion will be Paid to the Bulgarian Farmers
- » Bulgarian PM: There is no Greener Government than Ours
- » Government Approved the Agreement Between Bulgaria and Macedonia on the Reduction of International Roaming Tariffs