UN Council Rejects Russian Draft on Syria Gas Attacks Probe
The UN Security Council on Thursday rejected a Russian-drafted resolution that would have extended a UN-led investigation of chemical attacks in Syria but with changes to the panel, AFP reported.
The vote followed a Russian veto of a US draft resolution also on extending the Joint Investigative Mechanism (JIM), tasked with identifying perpetrators of chemical attacks in Syria.
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality