UN Council Rejects Russian Draft on Syria Gas Attacks Probe
The UN Security Council on Thursday rejected a Russian-drafted resolution that would have extended a UN-led investigation of chemical attacks in Syria but with changes to the panel, AFP reported.
The vote followed a Russian veto of a US draft resolution also on extending the Joint Investigative Mechanism (JIM), tasked with identifying perpetrators of chemical attacks in Syria.
- » Fifteen Children and Two Women were Killed in an Air Strike in Eastern Ghouta
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, She was to Blame for the Crash (Updated)
- » Revolution: Women in Saudi Arabia will Choose how to Dress Themselves
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Nicolas Sarkozy is Taken for Questioning in Relation to Investigation into the Funding of his Election Campaign