Winter Tires are Mandatory from Today in Bulgaria
From today until March 1 winter tires are mandatory. It is also acceptable to drive with summer tires, but then the grapple of the tire must be at least 4 mm. Besides in Bulgaria where this obligation is clearly spelled out in the law, it exists in several EU countries - Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Sweden and Croatia.
It is important to know that usually this responsibility applies not only to local drivers but also to those who drive cars from abroad, announced the European Consumer Center Bulgaria. The requirement is according to the latest changes in the Road Traffic Act. A fine of BGN 50 is also provided for driving worn or damaged tires.
There is a buffer period of one week, and from 21 to 30 November the traffic police begins checking whether the vehicles are ready to move in winter conditions. In addition to the tires, more headlamps, wipers, etc. will be tested.
- » Agency for Road Infrastructure: The Roads are Clean
- » Over BGN 41 Million Granted for Repairs in Sofia
- » Leader of ATAKA: I am Not Sure if I will Support the Upcoming Mistrust Vote
- » Undercover Agents will Watch for Dirty Buses and Rude Drivers in the Capital
- » A Total of BGN 2.91 billion will be Paid to the Bulgarian Farmers
- » Bulgarian PM: There is no Greener Government than Ours