UN: EU Cooperation with Libya to Stem Migrant Flow 'Inhuman'
The European Union's policy of helping the Libyan authorities intercept migrants in the Mediterranean and return them to "horrific" prisons in Libya is "inhuman", the United Nations said Tuesday.
"The suffering of migrants detained in Libya is an outrage to the conscience of humanity," the UN human rights chief Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein said in a statement, which blasted "the European Union's policy of assisting the Libyan Coast Guard to intercept and return migrants in the Mediterranean (as) inhuman."
- » PM Borisov Wants Cheaper Aircraft and Tanks from the United States
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Romania's Foreign Minister: Postponing the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen Area is a Political Issu
- » According to the Polish Prime Minister, "North Stream-2" Could Trigger a Russian-Ukrainian War
- » President Rumen Radev Met with Macedonian Counterpart Gjorge Ivanov
- » Hungary Anti-Immigration Bill an 'Assault on Human Rights': U.N.