UN: EU Cooperation with Libya to Stem Migrant Flow 'Inhuman'
The European Union's policy of helping the Libyan authorities intercept migrants in the Mediterranean and return them to "horrific" prisons in Libya is "inhuman", the United Nations said Tuesday.
"The suffering of migrants detained in Libya is an outrage to the conscience of humanity," the UN human rights chief Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein said in a statement, which blasted "the European Union's policy of assisting the Libyan Coast Guard to intercept and return migrants in the Mediterranean (as) inhuman."
- » Car Drivers Are Now Passing Without Restrictions Through the "Vitinya" Tunnel
- » Bulgarian PM: We Must All Strive For Peace. War is Worse Than Anything
- » How is it Most Profitable to Heat During the Winter?
- » Nearly 300 Machines Have Cleaned the Republican Roads Last Night
- » The Total Income Average Per Household Member During the Q3 of 2017 is 1 431 BGN
- » Romania is Suing a Shepherd who Refuses to Destroy Sheepfold he Built near US Military Base