The Balkan Capital of Roses - Kazanlak, with a Nomination for Balkan Tourism Award
The Balkan Capital of Roses - Kazanlak, located in the geographic center of Bulgaria and bearing a thousand-year history with the Thracian Kings Valley, is among the nominees for the third edition of the Balkan Tourism Industry Awards 2017. The ceremony will take place on 5.12. 2017 at 20:00 at Premier Best Western Hotel Sofia, VIP organizers announced.
World experts, headed by Peace Ambassador Chitoso Hirano, will appraise the nominees in the competition. Kazanlak is the emblem of Bulgaria in front of the world with the oil-bearing rose, which has been cultivated for centuries in the Kazanlak valley. In May and June, the city attracts as a magnet guest from all over the world with more than a century of Rose Festival, which has grown into an international festival opened by the beautiful Queen Rose.
The city has the only museum of rose in the world, tracking the 350-year history of Bulgarian rose production. The Kazanlak Thracian tomb is a true marvel of antiquity, one of the valuable finds included in the UNESCO list. On this occasion the Kazanlak Municipality organized in August the traditional Holidays in the Valley of the Thracian Kings, part of which is the "The Way of Silence" to the Thracian Megalith.
- » Car Drivers Are Now Passing Without Restrictions Through the "Vitinya" Tunnel
- » Bulgarian PM: We Must All Strive For Peace. War is Worse Than Anything
- » How is it Most Profitable to Heat During the Winter?
- » Nearly 300 Machines Have Cleaned the Republican Roads Last Night
- » The Total Income Average Per Household Member During the Q3 of 2017 is 1 431 BGN
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to Present a Public Lecture on the Subject "Bulgaria, the Balkans, Europe and the World