Rafael Nadal Dropped out of the London Tournament
Rafael Nadal ended his participation in the ATP final tournament in London, sportal reported. World number 1 announced his decision minutes after losing his first match in Pete Sampras by David Goffin (Belgium) with 7: 6, 6:7 and 6:4.
I'm sorry, the season is over. Yes, I had a duty to the tournament, to the city, to myself. I did my best to be ready to play. But I'm not ready. I was fighting hard in the game, but I knew there was a great chance this was my last date for the year. It's about pain. I have not enough power to keep playing. I tried, but frankly, it was a miracle that I kept myself so close in the score, says Nadal.
After Nadal's retirement, his compatriot, Pablo Carreno Busta, enters in his place. The decision of the organizers is that Busta will play on Wednesday against Dominique Thiem in the late match, and Grigor Dimitrov will go against Goffin at 16:00, the sportal adds.
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open