Erdogan Says Those Who See no Military Solution in Syria Should Pull Troops Out
Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday that those who do not believe in a military solution in Syria should pull their troops out, after Russia and the United States said no military solution was possible in Syria, according to Reuters.
“I am having trouble understanding these comments. If a military solution is out of the question, then those who say this should pull their troops out,” Erdogan told reporters before flying to Russia.
He said he would discuss the issue with Russian President Vladimir Putin, as well as a political solution in Syria, joint steps with Russia in Syria’s Afrin region, and details of an S-400 air defense missile system deal.
- » Athens Accuses Ankara of Fueling Tension in the Region
- » Mayor of Thessaloniki Reiterated His View that the Thessaloniki International Airport of “Macedonia” Should Change its Name
- » Turkey Supports Macedonia's Accession to NATO
- » Turkey Submits Documents to EU Seeking Visa-Free Regime
- » Turkey Detains Nearly 600 for Opposing Syrian Offensive
- » Turkish President Meets Pope, Expected to Discuss Jerusalem