Erdogan Says Those Who See no Military Solution in Syria Should Pull Troops Out
Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday that those who do not believe in a military solution in Syria should pull their troops out, after Russia and the United States said no military solution was possible in Syria, according to Reuters.
“I am having trouble understanding these comments. If a military solution is out of the question, then those who say this should pull their troops out,” Erdogan told reporters before flying to Russia.
He said he would discuss the issue with Russian President Vladimir Putin, as well as a political solution in Syria, joint steps with Russia in Syria’s Afrin region, and details of an S-400 air defense missile system deal.
- » Switzerland Gives EUR 1 Billion for Eastern Europe
- » EU May Include Turkey on a Blacklist of Tax Havens
- » Greek Police to Help German Airports Catch Migrants with Fake Papers
- » Erdogan: Summit 'Important' For Ending Tragedy in Syria
- » Ratko Mladic Jailed For Life Over Bosnia War Genocide
- » Erdogan’s Chief Adviser Calls for Turkey’s NATO Membership to be Reconsidered