Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort
Protest requesting a second cabin lift in Bansko. Discontent is for years, as the only such cable lift has no capacity to serve tourists in the winter resort. According to the mayor of the town, Georgi Ikonomov, there was no legal obstacle to the construction of the facility. Currently, his team writes a proposal to the Council of Ministers, Nova TV reported.
The municipality hopes the construction of the lift will begin next year. It has been talked about for years. The dispute is between environmentalists and part of the local community.
On the eve of the winter season, however, the mayor of Bansko warns that there will be huge queues in front of the lift.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Tourism Minister: Bulgaria is Becoming more and more Recognizable with its Quality