Powerful Earthquake in the Region of North Iraq, Casualties and Devastation
A powerful earthquake in the region of the Iran-Iraq border in the early hours of Sunday to Monday has claimed the lives of nearly 130 people, thousands are wounded. The epicenter is in Sulaimanian province, in the region of northeastern Iraq to the border with Iran. After the initial quake, seismic services recorded another 12 secondary ones with a magnitude of between 3.6 and 4.7.
According to the US Seismological Service, the first earthquake was magnitude 7.3 and an Iranian intel says 6.5, the BNT reported. The epicenter of the quake was 32 km east of the city of Halabja (about 57,000 people) with a depth of 33.9 km.
Strong quakes of 5.8 and 6.8 at the Richter were also registered in Japan and Costa Rica.
- » An Earthquake Shook Britain
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Day Temperatures will Slightly Rise and Maximum Ones will Reach 6-11°C
- » Scientists have Discovered a Supervolcano
- » Clouds to Again Increase, Maximum Temperatures From 4°C to 9°C
- » Air Quality Monitoring Equipment to Be Installed in Sofia by 2019