Barack Obama Appeared in Court after being Summoned for Jury Duty
Former US President Barack Obama was summoned by a court in Chicago after receiving a letter obliging him to become a jury in court for a case.
Obama, however, quickly left the courtroom after he was dismissed at random, as is the American practice, like many other potential jurors.
The former president arrived with a motorcade, accompanied by bodyguards, and was expected by some of his fellow citizens who carried books asking for autographs.
Obama thanked the people in the room for being jury and being ready to stand up to the task.
His White House predecessor, George W. Bush, was also called to court two years ago, BTV reminds.
- » Assad's Army will Help the Kurds Against Turkey
- » The Pope has Retreated to Spiritual Seclusion
- » Two Major Islamist Groups in Syria Unite
- » Israel Warned that it Could Act Directly Against Iran
- » Brazilian Prisoners Took the Guards as Hostages
- » Tillerson Admitted There Could be Introduction of New Sanctions Against Russia