Twitter Makes 280 Character Posts Permanent
After a successful test period, Twitter decided to double the maximum length of posts and to switch to 280 characters, the US company said. The news is a mini-revolution for the social network, the press reported.
"We aim to do this, while ensuring that the speed and breadth of Twister is preserved." After the test results, we are pleased to announce that we have achieved our goal and will apply the change to all languages".
For now the extension of tweets only affects Latin letters, the company recalls, as the 140-character limit appears to be a problem primarily for users who write in English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French, unlike those who write in Japanese, Korean or Chinese, since in those languages people are able to say much more with less characters AFP notes.
- » More than 20 Killed and Wounded in Fights in Eastern Ukraine
- » EU's Juncker Says Dec. 4 Meeting with May will Show if Brexit Progress Made
- » Russia will Reduce its Military Presence in Syria by the End of the Year
- » In 2018 SpaceX Plans to Make 50% more Rocket Testing
- » 40% of Families in Russia with a Shortage of Money for Food and Clothing
- » Japanese City of Osaka puts an End to Friendship Agreement with San Francisco (Video)