BGN 800 Million will be Provided for the Rehabilitation of the Plovdiv-Burgas Railway Line
The Government has agreed that the Managing Authority of Operational Program "Transport Infrastructure" 2014-2020 will sign a contract with the National Railway Infrastructure Company for rehabilitation of the Plovdiv - Burgas railway phase 2 before the decision for its approval by the European Commission.
The project is financed by OP "Transport and Infrastructure" with a total value of just over BGN 800 million and the European funds allocated are approximately BGN 500 million. With the governmental decision, it is possible to start the construction and rehabilitation activities of several railway sections between Plovdiv and Burgas until the final approval of the project by the European Commission.
The aim of the project is to increase the safety of the railway transport and the speed of the trains to reach 160 km/h, which will reduce the time for traveling by train from Plovdiv to Bourgas by 40 minutes.
- » Subaru has Withdrawn nearly 400,000 of its Cars due to a Lack of Safety Check
- » The Tender for the Highway to Pleven / Lovech will be in the Second Half of 2018
- » Bulgaria will Work for an European Strategy for the Oil Industry
- » French Company Invests EUR 30 Million for a New Plant in Pleven
- » 100% Electric Bus Fleet For Shenzhen (Population 11.9 Million) By End Of 2017 (Video)
- » Russia and the UAE are Considering Joint Production of a Passenger Airplane