Bulgaria Winter Resorts with Serious Shortage of Personnel
Two weeks before the beginning of the winter season mountain resorts in Bulgaria experience acute shortages of labor. Employers looking for nearly 2000 people for seasonal work in ski resorts in Bulgaria and from abroad, mostly waiters, cooks and maids.
The Association of Hotels and Restaurants in Chepelare and Smolyan complains that the young people that they would like to hire leave the country. They prefer to work in winter resorts in Austria and Germany where pay is between 1200 and 2000 euros per month. That's why people from other parts of the country who do not have appropriate qualification are being sought, Nova TV reports.
In order to cope with the crisis, the hoteliers at our winter resorts have decided this year to import seasonal workers from third countries. The Tourism Business Association appeals to the state to prepare reform in education.
This year we expect a record number of tourists in our winter resorts. The tourism ministry's forecast is the number of people to grow by about 10%.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort