The White House was Briefly Blocked
The White House was briefly blocked after reports of "suspicious actions" at the northern fence of the presidential complex in central Washington, reported Associated Press.
The Secret Service then told Twitter that a suspect had been arrested without giving any further information. Closed for pedestrians were nearby Pennsylvania Avenue and Lafayette Park, reporters and staff were ordered not to leave while the investigation was ongoing.
The incident took place minutes after President Donald Trump left the White House with the presidential helicopter, starting his trip to Asia.
- » Europol: 800 People From the Western Balkans are in the Ranks of the "Islamic State"
- » NATO Set To Begin Move To New Brussels Headquarters
- » About 30,000 People in Europe Are Potentially Part of Terrorist Communities', Rob Wainwright Europol Director
- » The Total Military Budget of NATO Member States is $ 957 billion
- » Defence Budget to Reach 2% of GDP by 2024
- » Russia will Provide Logistics for the Bulgarian MiG-29 until 2022