The White House was Briefly Blocked
The White House was briefly blocked after reports of "suspicious actions" at the northern fence of the presidential complex in central Washington, reported Associated Press.
The Secret Service then told Twitter that a suspect had been arrested without giving any further information. Closed for pedestrians were nearby Pennsylvania Avenue and Lafayette Park, reporters and staff were ordered not to leave while the investigation was ongoing.
The incident took place minutes after President Donald Trump left the White House with the presidential helicopter, starting his trip to Asia.
- » Turkish Army Orders ‘Highest Level Security’ to Troops on Syria Border
- » Poland Wants a Strong US Military Presence
- » Pyongyang may have 10-20 Nuclear Warheads
- » Belgian Fighters Escort Russian Bombers Across the North Sea
- » Sweden to Make a State Agency for the Psychosocial Protection of the Population
- » Japan will Join NATO's Center for Cyber-defense in Tallinn