By September 30, there were 370 Asylum Applications for Refugee Children in Bulgaria
By 30 September this year, 370 applications have been submitted for the protection of unaccompanied minors and refugee children, only a third of them are enrolled in school. This was announced by Vice President Iliyana Yotova, who opened the conference "Youth in Europe - Better Europe" today in Sofia , informs BNT.
Yotova focused on the fate of refugee children and noted that a large number of them came without parents, did not know the people they traveled with, did not speak other languages, suffered from heavy psychological pressure, had no documents, they were completely lost and become victims. Killed and exiled children are not statistics, said the vice president.
She pointed out that around 50 million children were displaced in the world, and 28 million of them were away from their homes as a result of a conflict. From 2016 every day two children die, fleeing war.
The total number of refugee and migrant children fleeing alone has increased fivefold compared to 2010.
- » Archaeologists Discover Large Roman Building under Tree Where Coin Hoard Was Found in Bulgaria's Mezdra
- » 60% of American Women have been Subjected to Sexual Harassment
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Regulate the Quality of the Fuels for Domestic Combustion
- » These are the Most Polluted Cities in Bulgaria
- » 42% of Cancer Cases in the United States are due to Unhealthy Lifestyles
- » Two Children Die in a Fire in a Caravan in the Village of Shuma