Gavin Williamson is the New UK Minister of Defense
The British Government has announced today the appointment of Gavin Williamson as defense minister in place of Michael Fallon, who resigned after he got involved in scandal about sexual harassment that shook the British political class, reports InvestorBG.
Elected for MP for the first time in 2010 to his new appointment, Williamson, 41, was following the party discipline in the ranks of the conservatives in the House of Commons votes.
He is replacing 65-year-old Fallon, who has been in office since July 2014.
- » Municipalityof Pernik Will Organize the Transport of the Victims of the Severe Catastrophe Near Lovech
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Gen. Dunford: The US Loses its Military Superiority over Russia and China
- » The Czech President Predicts Russia in the EU
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies