Gavin Williamson is the New UK Minister of Defense
The British Government has announced today the appointment of Gavin Williamson as defense minister in place of Michael Fallon, who resigned after he got involved in scandal about sexual harassment that shook the British political class, reports InvestorBG.
Elected for MP for the first time in 2010 to his new appointment, Williamson, 41, was following the party discipline in the ranks of the conservatives in the House of Commons votes.
He is replacing 65-year-old Fallon, who has been in office since July 2014.
- » Bulgaria is First in Europe in Increase of the Number of Prisoners in 2016
- » Constitutional Court will Initiate a Case in Relation to the Istanbul Convention
- » South Korea and the United States will Resume their Military Exercises on April 1
- » Head of State: Israel Would be Interested in Investing in High Technology
- » EU's Juncker Follows France, Germany in Congratulating Putin
- » A New Road will Connect Smolyan and Madan, Asphalting Starts on March 21st