Disrespect for the Chinese Anthem can be Punished by up to 3 Years in Prison
China is considering legislation providing for sentences of up to three years in prison for disregard for the national anthem, the Associated Press and the DPA said, referring to the Chinese state media.
The proposed amendment to the Penal Code was submitted to the Chinese Parliament. Currently, the Penal Code provides punishment for insulting the national flag and symbols. China strictly requires its citizens to respect national symbols, 24chasa reports.
- » A Sculptor Carved a Statue of Putin as a Winged Bear (Video)
- » Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Celebrate Platinum Anniversary of their Wedding
- » NASA has a Plan to Keep People from Space Viruses
- » Soros: Hungary is Attacking me with Lies
- » Libya will Investigate Slave Trade in the Country
- » Turkish Capital Ankara Bans All Gay Rights Functions