Iraqi Authorities Take Control of Main Border Crossing with Turkey
Iraqi authorities took control of the main land crossing with Turkey, in the Kurdish area of Fish-Khabur, a customs official said on Tuesday, Reuters reported.
The crossing was previously managed by the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) as it is located in the Dohuk province which is within the official boundaries of the semi-autonomous Kurdish region of northern Iraq.
- » Switzerland Gives EUR 1 Billion for Eastern Europe
- » EU May Include Turkey on a Blacklist of Tax Havens
- » Greek Police to Help German Airports Catch Migrants with Fake Papers
- » Erdogan: Summit 'Important' For Ending Tragedy in Syria
- » Ratko Mladic Jailed For Life Over Bosnia War Genocide
- » Erdogan’s Chief Adviser Calls for Turkey’s NATO Membership to be Reconsidered