Italians Laundered EUR 105 Million through Bulgaria, 26 People Arrested
Torino's Financial Guard arrested 26 people accused of taking part in a financial fraud in the Italian state for over EUR 105m , 24chasa newspaper reported.
Money was transferred to companies' accounts in Bulgaria, and then traded via ATMs in Italy.
More than 40 properties in Turin and Rimini, as well as several luxury cars, have been seized within the operation.
According to the investigation by the Prosecutor's Office of Torino, the criminal organization responsible for major fraud of the Italian state has acted in the field of energy efficiency projects. Through them were sold shares certifying the energy saving.
After several money-laundering operations, fraudsters transferred money to companies mostly in Bulgaria, but sometimes also in Romania and the UAE, operating in the real estate, construction and trade of cars, watches and alcohol.
- » Dozens have Died in a Series of Attacks in Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian Used Fake Spotify Playlists to Make Money
- » 400 Kilos of Cocaine was Found at the Russian Embassy in Argentina
- » A Breakthrough in uTorrent Puts at Risk the Safety of Millions of Users
- » Cybercrime Hurting Businesses to Tune of $600 billion
- » A man was Found Murdered This Night in the Lyulin District