EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel: Bulgaria is Becoming a Factor
"We take the Presidency at a key moment in which we are talking about the future of the EU. Bulgaria can have an incredible role. Now is the time for unification in the country, not for division. Bulgaria is becoming a factor. "
This was said in a new interview by EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel in an interview for "Good mornig" on Nova TV.
"Brussels sees Bulgaria as a sustainable partner moving in the right direction," she added.
Regarding the conflict in Catalonia, she commented: "It was an illegal referendum. Our interlocutor remains Madrid and the Spanish government. It is very important to maintain the dialogue. "
The European Commissioner for Digitization also commented on the impact of social networks and the phenomenon of "fake news": "For 4 months I have not missed out anything on this topic. I will start a public consultation within a month and then I will set up a high-level expert group to come up with very specific measures."
"Bulgaria has the potential to become a regional leader in the Balkans when talking about digitization," she added.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Europe's Stability and Future Goes Through the European Perspective and the Connectivity of the Western Balkans
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgarian People Continue to Believe in the EU
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: No New Recommendations From EC, Great Progress has been Made
- » EC Report: Bulgaria has Made Progress, but Still More Work is Needed
- » Frans Timmermans: We See Progress in Many Areas in Bulgaria, but Still More Work is Needed
- » EU Commissioner Maria Gabriel: Open Dialogue is the Key to Solving the "Fake News"