Spanish Deputy Prime Minister took Charge of Catalonia
Spanish Deputy Prime Minister Soraya Saenz de Santamaria takes over the management of the Catalonia area after Madrid took its autonomous status yesterday and Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy fired the regional government, the agencies said, reports sega.
The central government triggered Article 155 of the country's Constitution, after the Catalan regional parliament declared independence in the late afternoon yesterday on the basis of the results of a referendum held on October 1, considered unlawful by Madrid.
Spain's Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoido is leading the Catalonian police after the chief of police, Jose Luis Trapero, was removed. Both decisions enter into force immediately.
The Spanish government yesterday decided that elections will be held in Catalonia on 21 December.
- » Serbian President Alexander Vucic will be on a Working Visit to Bulgaria Tomorrow
- » Prime Ministers Boyko Borissov and Victor Orban Called For Reliable EU Border Protection
- » Merkel Calls for Europe to Step Up to Global Challenges
- » Boyko Borisov will have Dinner with European Leaders at Hertoginnedal Castle near Brussels
- » Bulgaria's commercial vehicle registrations rise 19% y/y in Jan
- » Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia will Develop a Strategic Partnership