The Bulgarian Consul in Los Angeles Heads the Presidency of the EU Group
The Consul General of Bulgaria in Los Angeles, Veselin Valchev, was elected Chairman of the General Consuls Group of the Member States of the European Union for 2018, reports BNT.
Traditionally, group presidents are elected for one year, regardless of the country holding the EU Council presidency.
"The choice for me is both a challenge and an honor. But above all, it is a sign of respect for Bulgaria.", said Valchev.
Los Angeles Consular Corps consists of 105 Consulates General and is the third largest in the world. 21 of the EU Member States have consular offices in the city.
The first photo of the new chairman Veselin Valchev is with his predecessor - Croatia's Consul General Sinisa Gergic.
- » BSP donated books to the Bulgarian Cultural Center in Skopje
- » President Radev Accepted an Invitation for a Meeting for Erdogan
- » Borisov: We will not Recall Bulgarian Diplomats from Russia
- » The EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna will Happen after All
- » US Embassy in Sofia Was Bugged by Communist Bulgaria's Intelligence till 1990, Ex Spy Reveals
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Тalks with EU President Donald Tusk