6.7 on the Richter Scale Shook Indonesia
A strong earthquake of magnitude 6.7 on the Richter scale was felt off the coast of eastern Indonesia. No tsunami warning issued and no records of casualties or damages are reported. The epicenter is in Nusa Tengara province, about 318 kilometers northwest of the provincial capital of Kwang, at a depth of 549 kilometers.
Indonesia is located on the Pacific "ring of fire", where the continental shelf encounters strong seismic activity and the country is often affected by strong earthquakes.
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas
- » 2.9 Earthquake on the Richter Scale is Registered Near Bansko
- » Ekathimerini: Storm System Hiits Western Greece, Causes Rock Falls
- » Bulgarian Scientists Presented New Discoveries in the Field of Organic Chemistry
- » Europeans can Watch Online the Quality of the Air they Breathe
- » Antidepressants getting into Rivers make the Fish Aggressive