The US Secretary of State made a Surprise Visit to Iraq
Rex Tillerson called for a solution to the conflict between Baghdad and Iraqi Kurdistan through dialogue on his unexpected visit to Iraq, BNT reports.
The visit was identified as a demonstration of Washington's support for a united Iraq following the Kurdish independence referendum. The US Secretary of State will discuss with Iraqi leaders the future of Iraq after the defeat of the "Islamic State".
Tillerson's position is that an Arab Union should be set up in the region to resist Iran in the Middle East, BNT added.
- » Merkel in Sofia: I Welcome Borissov's Initiative for EC-Turkey Meeting
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » Stoltenberg on an Official Visit to Macedonia
- » Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Poland is an Important Country For the EU and a Longtime Ally and Friend of Bulgaria