Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
More money for health is envisaged in the budget for next year. The National Health Insurance Fund will have additional 400 million BGN. Bulgaria’s health minister Nikolai Petrov told BNT on 23rd of October that it would be his responsibility to ensure the funds are spent rationally. He said the clinical paths will be reviewed. Changes in their funding are also planned.
Mandatory hospital stay and examinations included in clinical paths will be reviewed by experts. The goal is part of the activities to be transferred to outpatient care, the health minister explained.
Petrov said that the prices of clinical paths have not changed since 2006 and should change. They will include the work of doctors and nurses.
Hospitals are already preparing for the introduction of an electronic health record where the all patient papers will be uploaded, he said. His ambition is this eletronicd reocrd to become operational from the middle of 2018. Petrov said that all citizens would be obliged to take their code for access to the record from the health insurance fund
- » New Influenza Virus was Detected in Bulgaria
- » Flu Epidemic in the Pazardzhik Region
- » Do not Try to Suppress a Sneeze, Advise Doctors
- » About 300-400,000 Bulgarians Probably will be Ill in the Next Month, Chief State Health Inspector
- » Most People with Flu are in Pernik, Pazardzhik, Gabrovo, Blagoevgrad and Stara Zagora
- » Flu Epidemic in Pernik