From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
From 2019, the town-protection system will cover 90% of the territory of Bulgaria. This was announced in Rousse by the Executive Director of the Agency "Fighting with the hailstorms" Eng. Vanyo Slaveev, investor.bg reported.
He explained that the existing system, consisting of nine command stations and 200 rocket sites (in the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Pazardjik, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora and Sliven), will be further developed with two more polygons - near Haskovo and Kazanlak - Karlovo. Thus, rocket platforms will become 262 with 11 command points from 2018.
In 2019, it will also be used the airplane grounding system, which will cover the rest of the country, which also includes the Rousse region. For this purpose, more radars will be deployed to provide meteorological information to the system. They are also the most expensive part.
- » Sunny Weather Тоday in Bulgaria, Possible Rain Mostly in the Mountain Regions
- » Two killed, more than 20 Injured in an Earthquake in Indonesia
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Clouds With Rain in Western and Central Bulgaria
- » Mild Earthquake near Sliven
- » Rain in Some Areas of Western Bulgaria in Afternoon, Temperatures of Up to 19-24°C