Russia is Considering Freezing its Membership of the European Court of Human Rights
Russia is considering freezing its membership of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) in the Council of Europe and reducing its contribution to this organization, BBC quoted Izvestia.
According to high-ranking sources from the State Duma and the Council of the Federation - the Russian Senate, Moscow plans to cut its contribution to the Council of Europe by 7 to 10 million dollars, which corresponds approximately to the means of the court.
Russia will take this decision if it does not get the right to vote when electing judges in the ECHR.
- » Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
- » Poland Seeking Compensation for World War Two Destruction
- » Second Day of Questioning for Sarkozy on whether Gaddafi has Financed him
- » Macron Launches Drive to Boost French Language Around World
- » Israel Admits 2007 Syrian 'Nuclear Reactor' Strike for First Time
- » “I am Prepared to Go to Prison if Belgium Decides to Extradite Me,” says Puigdemont