Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny announced his release from jail Sunday by posting a selfie on Instagram and offering an upbeat account of his time behind bars.
Navalny uploaded a picture of himself leaving the detention center after 20 days in jail, saying he had read 20 books, learned several words in the Kyrgyz language and drunk 80 liters of tea.
"Ready for work," he wrote before announcing a rally in Astrakhan, a southern Russian city on the banks on the River Volga.
- » Roscosmos is Considering the Commercialization of the Russian ISS Segment
- » Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War
- » Private Armies will be Legalized in Russia
- » Religious Propaganda in Russia Pushes People to the Supernatural
- » A Surprising Contraction of the Russian Economy in November 2017
- » Vladimir Putin: Russia is Ready to Hand Over to Ukraine the Ships and Aviation from Crimea