Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
At least 58 Egyptian police officers have been killed in an attack by jihadists , local media reported.
The attack took place in Giza province, 150 km away. from the capital Cairo. The police forces acted on a signal, but they were ambushed.
The Jihadists fired with guns and grenades. Among the fallen there are 23 commandos and 35 recruits. Minutes after the start of the shootout, the authorities sent additional army units and helicopters.
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Two Weeks to Unlock Brexit, EU Tells Britain's May
- » Barcelona Unveils New Anti-Terror Measures in Response to August Attack
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise