Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
Greek police said they arrested a 32-year old Syrian man suspected of involvement in terrorist acts abroad, Reuters reported.
The man was arrested on Thursday in the northern city of Alexandroupolis and is expected to appear before a state prosecutor on Friday, police said in a statement.
The man had requested asylum in northern Greece. A police official said he was arrested for violating a restriction order imposed after his wife accused him of participating in “terrorist acts”.
“We are investigating his participation, and its extent, in past terrorist acts outside Greece,” police said.
Authorities were also examining photographs found on his mobile phone, the police source said.
- » Theresa May Pledges to Keep EU Arrest Warrant and Europol Links
- » France Calls For Opening of Humanitarian Corridors in Syria
- » The Deputy Chief of the European Parliament has Been Removed Because of Insulting Opponents
- » George Soros Donated Money to Campaign For a Rerun of Britain's EU Referendum
- » The Race for Juncker's Successor at the Helm of the European Commission is Fueling Tensions
- » The EP has Made it Easier to Shop Online in Europe