Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
Greek police said they arrested a 32-year old Syrian man suspected of involvement in terrorist acts abroad, Reuters reported.
The man was arrested on Thursday in the northern city of Alexandroupolis and is expected to appear before a state prosecutor on Friday, police said in a statement.
The man had requested asylum in northern Greece. A police official said he was arrested for violating a restriction order imposed after his wife accused him of participating in “terrorist acts”.
“We are investigating his participation, and its extent, in past terrorist acts outside Greece,” police said.
Authorities were also examining photographs found on his mobile phone, the police source said.
- » The European Institutions Agreed to Abolish Geo-blocking
- » Amsterdam and Paris will Host Two European Agencies after Brexit
- » Brussels will Propose to Start Negotiations with Macedonia Next Year about Joining the EU
- » The EU Introduces Permanent Checks at its External Borders
- » Today with a Secret Vote, EU Countries Decide Location of Two Euro-agencies after Brexit
- » Merkel's Fourth Term in Doubt After Would-be Partner Pulls Out