From 2018 More Funds for Maternity Leave and Less for Sick Leave
Higher maternity and unemployment benefits, but a smaller amount of sick leave for the budget of the State Social Security for next year, bTV announced.
There are two payments that have been frozen in recent years. The minimum unemployment allowance, which is now BGN 7.20 per day, next year becomes 9 leva and the mother's second year of child care increases by 40 levs and becomes 380 per month.
Less will however be paid for the first three days of sick leave. Now they are at the expense of the employer who pays the worker 70 per cent of his wages. In 2018 he will pay 50 per cent.
If the worker is at 1000 levs gross salary, for three days leave the employer will owe him about 25 leva less than now. The reasoning states that the change is made with a view to relieving businesses and preventing abuses.
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » The $500 apple: Woman Fined For Failing to Declare Fruit She Was Given on Flight
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Fire in Karaoke Bar in Southern China Kills at least 18