Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
The Chinese government intends to fight global climate change and actively develop cooperation with other countries to solve this problem, reports TASS.
This is what the President of the People's Republic of China, Xi Jinping said at the XIXth Congress of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
"We need to make an active effort to ensure that environmental conditions are maintained at the optimum level and to interact with other countries in response to the ongoing climate change in the world," he said.
According to the head of state, the Chinese authorities hope to preserve the Earth as an "oasis of the existence of mankind". The forum will continue until October 24, and it is planned to review the results of the party's work over the past five years. It is expected that during the congress the personnel configuration of the higher party organs will be renewed.
- » EU's Top Court Says Poland Breached Air Pollution Rules
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO