Recorded Earthquake in Ohrid
Earthquake measuring 2.6 on the Richter scale was registered in the Macedonian town of Ohrid at 11.18 (local time) on Tuesday, according to the official website of the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The epicenter of the quake was three kilometers northeast of Ohrid and five kilometers south of the village of Kosel, near which is the only active volcano on the Balkans - Duvaloto, FOCUS reported.
Its depth was three kilometers. In recent months, Ohrid was upset by a series of earthquakes. In the June-July period, the region was hit by more than 1,200 shifts of varying degrees of intensity.
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas
- » 2.9 Earthquake on the Richter Scale is Registered Near Bansko
- » Ekathimerini: Storm System Hiits Western Greece, Causes Rock Falls
- » Bulgarian Scientists Presented New Discoveries in the Field of Organic Chemistry
- » Europeans can Watch Online the Quality of the Air they Breathe
- » Antidepressants getting into Rivers make the Fish Aggressive