Recorded Earthquake in Ohrid
Earthquake measuring 2.6 on the Richter scale was registered in the Macedonian town of Ohrid at 11.18 (local time) on Tuesday, according to the official website of the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The epicenter of the quake was three kilometers northeast of Ohrid and five kilometers south of the village of Kosel, near which is the only active volcano on the Balkans - Duvaloto, FOCUS reported.
Its depth was three kilometers. In recent months, Ohrid was upset by a series of earthquakes. In the June-July period, the region was hit by more than 1,200 shifts of varying degrees of intensity.
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Rain in Some Areas Today in Bulgaria, Thunders in Southwest Regions in Afternoon
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
- » A Volcano Erupted in Japan
- » CNN: More than 95% of World's Population Breathing Unhealthy Air
- » Sunny Weather Тоday in Bulgaria, Possible Rain Mostly in the Mountain Regions