Antonio Guterres: There are 815 Million People Starving in the World
The number of people on the planet suffering from malnutrition has reached 815 million, of which 60% live in areas of armed conflict. This was announced by UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres on Thursday, reports bgnes.
He spoke to the Security Council of the World Organization. According to him, about 78% of the World Food Program funds go to help people in areas of armed conflict.
"Three-quarters of children with delays in development live in conflict-affected countries." Until these conflicts can be regulated and the development process is not started, municipalities and entire regions will continue to experience hunger and suffering, said Guterres, quoted by BGNES.
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US